Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Writer Will Take Your Questions Now (#190) -- Greatest Fear

What is your greatest fear when it comes to writing?
(From Consolidated Organization of General Steampunk Writers)

This is going to sound awfully vain of me, but I honestly believe my greatest fear as a writer is to be forgotten, to have never really mattered as a writer to the point that within the scope of a generation or two, it will be as if my work never existed, was never out there for people to read, never affected a reader in any lasting way.



Now to all you other writers who read this blog, what is your greatest fear as a writer? And dig deep. Be painfully honest. It's good for the soul.

3 comments:

  1. That more or less sums up mine, too. I dread the prospect of going through all this soul wrenching angst, finally getting up the strength to put publishable words to paper... and get the sound of crickets chirping in response to my work.

    Mocking laughter. That would suck, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you nailed it. Not even just about writing but about life as a whole. I fear that I could die easily today and it wouldn't matter.

    ReplyDelete